CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Taquito Bash!

This post is for you Elder Piglet!

Ever since I can remember my grandfather has been making taquitos. It is a hand crafting art that many are trying to master. The story that I know, is that My grandfather would watch the taquitio vendors on Alvaro Street in California. He would watch intently to make sure that he knew how to perfect to taquito art. From what my mother has told me he used to by more than his hearts desire and pack to them in coolers to bring home to his eight taquito loving children when he moved to Utah he had to find a way to get his "taquito fix" and so once or twice a year Grandpa and with the help of his oldest child would painstakingly roll hundred of taquitos for all to enjoy.
Last Sunday to celebrate my grandfather's birthday we ate taquitos in his honor here are the pictures of our "little" get together. As you can see the children of eight have grown and so has the family!

Here is my mom and Grandpa
getting ready for the bash!
Notice the ever famous guacamole!













Here is all the grand kids that we could round up and they all had to take part of the action of blowing out the candles we had to relight the cake a couple of time because Josh (4 yrs) kept blowing them out before they were all lit.







Bryan kept announcing " this piece of cake has my name on it! this piece of cake has MY name on it!"









Grace is Grandpa taste tester. Just to make sure that it sweet enough.

Emma in a tender moment with her great grandma Saunders

All the cousins hanging out! Robbie on the couch,then Grace, Sara, and Bryan on the floor.And the little entertainer with the maraca is Tyler


The most entertaining part was the little kids of course!

3 comments:

Jill

I love the picture of my M&MEmma with her great grandmother.

Krystal

Looks like a fun day. Is the little girl Grace in the green shirt, Chris' baby Grace? How old is she now? I can't believe she is really so grown up!

Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog. I'm glad you're my BFF! :) By the way, did you see Rachel's monkey impression? It is the first video I ever uploaded! :)

Cynthia

Looks like a good time, and good memories. Your pics are great, Emma and her cousins are darling!