CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Emma VS The BYU Game



Lavell Edwards Stadium
VS
Emma






We were lucky enough to have two tickets given to us to the sold out BYU game. Matt was especially excited (the football fanatic that he is). I on the other hand thought it could be fun, and could be even more Fun, if I made the event idyllic for my scrapbook. So I decked Emma all out, in full proper BYU attire. I wanted to make her to be a cheerleader but grandma said "there is no way my granddaughter will be a cheerleader." So she is a very cute football player. I took pictures before the game that were "stink'n cute" but the smarty pants that I am, I forgot to put the memory card in. I'll find some way to get those pics off my camera. For the mean time these will have to do.
Emma before the game with her cute head band (her hair looked better than mine that day)

Matt and Emma the die hard BYU fans


I even put a cute little sign on her cute little bottom that said "Cowboys Stink"(the opposing team).We were afraid that the weather was going to be rainy, but we roasted in the sun instead. Matt was so wonderful at covering the baby with sunscreen that he forgot to put some on himself he was glowing a pretty tomato pink or shall I say medium-rare, at the end of the day.


The Game......
There was so much excitement in the air and the crowd was ecstatic Emma was terrific till the ROTC set off the cannon and then. . . she came unglued. I couldn't really hear her screaming because of all the noise, but I knew she was ticked. Finally after a few minutes under the bleachers she went to sleep and I was able to watch the first quarter of the game. Then the sun started to beat down and Emma started to turn all red. So back under the bleachers again, after she cooled down a bit I we tried to go out to the stadium but, because BYU has such a kicking cool team this year the team made a touch down every five minutes which meant that the cannon went off ever five minutes.


Matt , Emma, and Karen outside the stadium


To make a long story short Emma and I ended up on the grass outside of the stadium reading books. Emma loved it and we both got smiles from passer-bys at the adorable sight of mother and daughter enjoying a good book. BYU won the game but Emma won my heart and my attention that day. We spent the rest of the weekend and Monday recovering from the big game. Whewwww the funny thing is I thought Matt wanted to take Emma to the game and he thought that I wanted to take her to the game. We love our daughter but next time she'll be at a lovely place called the babysitters when the next game comes around. It will be less traumatic for all of us.

After the Game

3 comments:

Marie Says Yes

i'm convinced i have the cutest niece ever! everytime i sit at the computer now olivia jumps on my lap "baby... pees?(please)... baby...pees?"
she looks so adorable, you're very creative. and just like her dad.

Krystal

Emma is so cute dressed up like a BYU fan! Football games are never the same after the baby comes, huh? We could dress up Emma in BYU attire and Rachel in BSU attire, and they could be football fans for Halloween! :)
P.S. Are you ever going to be a Follower of my blog or what?? :)

Cynthia

OK, she is defiantly the cutes BYU fan ever, if I didn't like BYU before I would now! Kids are a blessing and a challenge, but there is nothing more wonderful or rewarding (till they get to be teenagers)!!